Name Change Packages

All packages include forms and instructions for:

✓ Social Security
✓ Internal Revenue Service
✓ Driver’s License
✓ Voter Registration
✓ U.S. Passport
✓ TSA / Global Entry
✓ Credit Cards
✓ Banking
✓ And Much More!

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

At, our mission is to simplify the name-change process and ensure that you are 100% satisfied with the service we provide you!

In fact, we’re so confident you’ll love the ease and convenience of our service that we offer a 100% No Hassle Satisfaction Guarantee.

If for any reason you are unsatisfied, please contact us within 14 days of your purchase and we will gladly issue you a refund.

Easy. Fast. Convenient. 100% Guarantee.

What people are saying

"Changing names is even faster than I expected. The auto-filled forms saved me hours of time!!!."

~ Jenn A.

" made it so easy to change last names after getting married. So convenient!"

~ Nathalie D.

"OMG! You guys saved my life!!! I found your website just in time. Thank you so very much!!"

~ Isabella C.

Frequently Asked Questions

How does the service work?

Once you purchase a package, you will be asked to fill out a simple questionnaire with your basic information, which we will then use to autofill all of the forms you will need to update your name. We will then provide you with these forms, along with detailed instructions on how to complete and submit each of your required name change applications.

Here at UpdateMyName, we do not collect sensitive information (i.e. Social Security Number, Driver’s License Number, or Passport Number), so we will indicate which fields on the form still require your attention, as well as where to sign and date each form. Furthermore, for any forms that require submission via mail, we will provide you with the address to which the application must be sent.

Are there any additional fees?

The only fee you will be charged by us is your one-time package fee ($30 to $90). All additional fees are paid directly to the state or government agency where you are updating your name.

For name change updates on driver’s licenses, each state requires a fee that is typically around $10-$35. If you are applying for a passport for the first time or are renewing a passport over a year old, there will be a $110 fee paid directly to the State Department. For the majority of the other name change updates, there is no fee.

How secure is UpdateMyName?

Since information security is of utmost importance to us, we DO NOT collect any sensitive personal information from you (i.e. Social Security number, Driver’s License number, Passport number, etc.). Rather, when you purchase your package, we will provide detailed instructions as to where you will need to manually enter that information prior to submission of each name change application.

Does work in my state?

YES!!! UpdateMyName works in all 50 states, including Washington D.C., and the package you purchase will be customized specifically for you and your location.

Will I be required to submit any application in person?

U.S. identification laws changed post 9/11, and the DMV now requires in-person visits in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Typically, all other updates can be submitted via mail, fax, phone call, email, or online portal.

However, there are a few exceptions. Due to the large volume of name changes that occur in their area, there are some counties across the U.S. that require in-person submission of your Social Security name change application. If you live in one of these counties, we will provide you with that information when your purchase your package.

Additionally, you must apply in-person for your U.S. Passport if: you are applying for the first time; your passport has been lost/stolen; or your current passport has been expired for more than five years.

Do I need name change forms to hyphenate my last name?

YES!! You must notify the U.S. government AND your state of ANY change of your last and middle names, including hyphenation, based upon marriage. Our service will assist you in this process.

Can you help change my first name, or get a new last name?

For name changes, Marriage Certificates are extremely limited in their scope. Your Marriage Certificate will only allow you to update your middle or last name to any combination of you and your spouse’s current last names.

In order to begin the process of changing your first name or creating a new last name, you will need to visit your county clerk and file a name change order, which will require your to appear before a judge.

Once you have made your appearance and the judge has issued a “Name Change Order,” you can use it in place of your Marriage Certificate when submitting the forms that we provide.

© 2019 All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy is not affiliated with any state or federal government agency.